Stay on the cutting edge of working life – become a Skilla member!
BECOME A MEMBERMembership applications via Akava Special Branches' website
How to fill the membership application
- Fill in your contact details.
- In Becoming a Member, choose Skilla as your member organisation.
- Important for students regarding the Erko Unemployment Fund: Our Student Pro membership includes the fund and costs €96/year, whereas our Student Basic membership (€10/year) does not include the fund. Read more on membership fees below.
Through Skilla, you also belong in…
Akava Special Branches
Akava Special Branches provides our members with legal advice and member services (such as membership fees). They also offer training, career services and other member benefits.
Akava Special Branches donates €1 to charity for each new members. The sum is split between HelsinkiMissio and The Finnish Association for Nature Conservation.
Erko Unemployment Fund
As a Skilla and Akava Special Branches member, your unemployment benefit is managed by Unemployment Fund for Higher Educated Employees Erko, and you may be entitled to earnings-related unemployment allowance, job alternation compensation or other fund benefits. The fund’s membership fee is included in the union’s membership fee. Students may choose upon joining whether to join the fund (Student Pro, €96 / year) or not (Student Basic, €10 / year).
What will you get when you join?See our wonderful member benefits
As of 2021, we have two student member types:
- Student Pro (includes unemployment fund membership) € 96 / year
- Student Basic (does not include unemployment fund membership) €10 / year
We recommend Student Pro because belonging in an unemployment fund works like insurance: in case of unemployment, you may be entitled to higher unemployment benefit.
If you are unemployed, on family leave or have no unemployment income, your membership fee is usually €8 / month. Check out Akava Special Branches’ website for information pertaining to your particular situation.